Monday, September 20, 2010

One chapter ends and a new one begins :)


"Finding the Love of a Lifetime"  Part 1 . . .
From Ashes to Beauty . . . .Amen and Amen!!  This is the first post of many to come.  My heart is full, my life rich, and my soul overjoyed.  Many of you have followed my story in the past and will continue to follow my story as a new chapter begins.  I don't want to dwell on the past but I do want to say that God has used everything in my life (good and bad) to make me into the person I am today.  I have learned to love unconditionally, to find good in everyone, and to keep going even when you feel like giving up.  So here is how I met and fell in love with the most amazing man I have ever known (and a few cool and interesting encounters along the way).  Did I mention that God is the most amazing match maker that ever existed?  I first laid eyes on Brian, my soon to be husband, at Fazoli's over a year ago.  This is one of the interesting encounters . . . I was there with my two kiddos and he was there with his four boys.  Hannah started to stare at his boys and count them - lol :)  I was a little embarrassed so I said to Brian "She loves big families, she is just counting your kids"  We had a brief exchange but at that point he was a complete stranger and I never thought I would run into him again.  Fast forward about six months (give or take a few) . . . . My heart was completely wrapped up in my love for Jesus.  I was feeling alive again, completely in love with my Lord and Savior, happy with life, and wanting to live in a way that pointed others to my first love (Jesus).  I was perfectly content with my two beautiful kids.  I never dreamed in a million years that I was about to experience the love of a lifetime :)  I wanted to join a bible study.  I expressed this to several people at my small church (which I love!!).  We are a start up church and still very small so we don't have Sunday morning bible studies etc..for adults.  I felt the desire to get deeper in the word with other people who have been through struggle and have come to know God in a deeper and more intimate way.  My friend, Leslie, approached me one day to tell me about a bible study that was starting at Kingsway (a church down the road).  I had no idea what the study was about or what I was in for (wink).  I decided to try it out and found out that morning that the bible study was going to be centered on a book by Beth Moore "Out of the pit" (I love her so I knew it would be good).  I walked in and Brian was teaching the class.  The rest of the story is an amazing story of God's love for us and His power to change hearts and lives through our obedience to Him.  Stay tuned for part two of "Finding the love of a lifetime" . . . . . . .I want to scream from the rooftops b/c I am sooo crazy in love with Brian, his four boys, my two sweeties, and most importantly the God of all creation!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations girly!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you, Loree. To God be the glory!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete