Monday, April 25, 2011

Our first Easter :)



It was me and my two little cutie pies.  I was crazy about God.  I was looking forward to a life spent serving Him and encouraging my children to do the same. 

I had just started attending a bible study at Kingsway Christian Church.  It was taught by a man named Brian Wheeler :)  I remember standing outside the church (Nehemiah Church) to have someone take a picture of me and the kids.  Brian was driving past at that moment because he was just getting out of church down the street.  I happened to see him driving past and waived at him.  I told the kids "That's the guy that teaches my bible study at Kingsway".  I barely knew him and would never have imagined that a year later I would be celebrating Easter with him as husband and wife.   Wow!!  It still gives me chills (the good kind - lol) thinking about it.

Last year's picture was a family of three.  This year's picture, a family of eight :)  What a blessing!!

We stayed up Saturday night to stuff six baskets full of goodies :)  I picked out eight coordinating outfits. Our Easter egg hunt consisted of 64 filled eggs (thanks to MeMe).

We sat at my dad's house on Easter afternoon and watched a movie together.  Brian and I were on the couch and one by one the kids joined us :)  By the end we had five of six kids on the couch with us.  Granted I couldn't move an inch because I had two on my lap one on each side - lol.  I was filled with joy as I thought about how full our life had become.  Don't get me wrong our life is also full of chaos!!!  That will be my next post "The Reality of Six!!"

My mom stuffed eggs for the adults and allowed the kids to hide eggs while we waited upstairs.  They squealed with delight as they told us to run down the stairs for the hunt.  It was so cute!!  I don't mess around when it comes to egg hunts.  My mom hid a "golden egg" and I was determined to find it.  I think I made out with the most loot in the end ($21, two car washes, a gift card, and candy) woot woot!!!  I felt like a kid again counting my eggs and prizes - lol.

It was a great day!!!

The kids are very aware of why we celebrate Easter.  Our day ended with worship songs (the kids picked out their favorites and Brian played guitar).  Each of the kids prayed and thanked God for sending His son to die for us on the cross.  Without Jesus there would be no Easter.

Thank you Jesus!!!  We love you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment