Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Our First Christmas :)

Last year on Christmas Eve I looked up at the mantel and stared at the three stockings hung on the chimney with care.  I remember feeling sad that there was one less stocking there.  It had been a tough year on all of us.  I thanked God for my two precious children sleeping in their beds.  I prayed that this year would be a new start and a time of refreshing for all of us.
 
This year on Christmas Eve I again looked up at the mantel and was filled with joy as I stared at eight stockings crammed on the chimney with care :)  I reflected on all that God had done in our lives in a year's time and how He had grown our family from three to eight.  I couldn't be happier.  I cried as I reflected on God's amazing love for me, Brian, and our kids.

Christmas morning was filled with noise, laughter, flying wrapping paper, and lots of love!!  We told the kids they could come out at 8am so at 7:59 we heard them counting down.  30,29,28,27,26......3,2,1 and then screams of delight as they ran from their bedrooms to the living room.  My entire family came over to help us celebrate our first Christmas together.
 
My dad and Pam got the kids games, clothes, and other goodies.  My mom got the kids colts gear, books, and stuffed animals.  My siblings went together to buy the kids tons of games (aqua doodle, break the ice, moon sand, pixie sticks, etc...).  My parents also got us a family membership to the aquatic center.  We had to get two memberships for a family of eight!!  We are already getting tons of use out it.  The kids love it!!!  We got all the kids a pillow pet, a game, and other fun stuff.  It was a great Christmas.
Brian got me a brand new camera (total surprise) and a new printer for labeling cd's and dvd's.  I was more than excited as I have been wanting a new camera for some time now.  I bought him shoes, a fun hat, clothes, and other fun surprises.

It was great to see my little nephew, Elias, and let the kids get to know their cousin.  They live in D.C. so we don't get to see them very much.  Elias loved his new Uncle "B". 
Hudson was the first to notice that Santa had eaten his cookies and milk :)  Of course Santa left half a glass of milk on the mantel that ended up on the floor later in the morning - lol.  Christmas is still a magical time in their eyes.

We talked about Jesus, read the story of His birth, and prayed for all the kids in the world that wouldn't experience the kind of Christmas we would.  This will be a Christmas I will never forget. 










1 comment:

  1. love the pictures and the new start!!

    does Matthew really like the Yahtzee? He's giving you the crazy eye ;)

    ReplyDelete