Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Our wedding day - My heart was pounding with excitement!!











We got married on October 16th at 4:30pm.  I spent the night at my mom's house with my two sisters.  We woke up the next morning and my mom treated us to manicures and pedicures at a little place here in Avon.

The weather was gorgeous!!  Sunny, warm and beautiful, and autumn leaves everywhere.  I couldn't believe the day was finally here.  I was so excited to marry my best friend.

My sister-in-law was kind enough to come to my mom's house to do all of our hair (she did an awesome job!!!).  She will be doing our hair again for my sister, Anna's wedding this March :) 

Brian and I had to be at the barn early for photos.  My mom and sister's helped me get ready and our photographer came to take pictures.  I then rode to the barn with our photographer and hid behind the barn so that Brian couldn't see me until just the right time :)  He met me behind the barn and that is when we saw each other for the first time that day.  He looked so handsome.  We had fun taking pictures before the wedding. 

The funniest thing that happened that day took place right before our wedding was to start.  The field behind the barn was being plowed!!!  We looked over to see a huge combine heading for the field which was very loud and all you could see was corn flying everywhere - lol.  We found the driver and asked if they could wait until after the wedding to plow the rest.  He happily agreed.  We had to get a picture on the combine after the wedding :)

Brian stayed at my house the night before the wedding along with his family and all of the kids.  His family had a big job getting six kids showered and ready for the wedding!!  They were a huge blessing.  The kids looked great and they were so excited that the wedding day was finally here.  They were so excited to be a family, to be brothers and sisters, and to live together under one roof.  We spent time as a family before the ceremony started.  We got pictures being silly, playing in the leaves, and walking to the barn hand in hand.

The ceremony was beautiful.  The barn looked amazing.  Our friends and family were all gathered in one room to celebrate this awesome blessing in our lives.  It was an overwhelming feeling of gratitude and love.  The kids memorized Corinthians 13 and recited it during the wedding.  I was so proud of them.  Brian played a song for me on the piano and sang to me.  He had kept this a secret.  I had to fight back the tears.  The song was perfect "When I say I do" by Matthew West.  At the end of the ceremony the worship team played a few songs and everyone stood up and sang along.  It was beautiful.  Gabe, our eight year old, had his eyes closed and hands lifted as he sang to God and thanked Him for restoring our families.  Every one of the kids sang their hearts out.  I can't begin to tell you how that made my heart feel.  I had a flood of thoughts and emotions come over me.  I was thanking God for bringing this amazing man of faith into my life, praising him for giving me a family again, and thinking of these beautiful kids that I would now have the privilege to raise.  My heart could have leaped out of my chest with excitement.

The rest of the night we were blessed to dance, sing, take communion, and share a meal with our closest friends and family.  It was perfect in every way.  Our first dance was to "A page is turned" by Bebo Norman.  The kids played hard and danced even harder :)  MeMe said they crashed hard that night - lol.  At the end of the evening we kissed each of our kiddos goodbye and thanked our families for all of their hard work to make this day a success.  We then headed downtown for our first night as husband and wife.  There will be no details on that one "wink".  It all felt like a dream.  An answered prayer.  God is so good!!!  Our love story will continue with our amazing honeymoon in Cabo San Lucas.

No comments:

Post a Comment