Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Huddy Bear (Hudson Malakai)








Dear Hudson,

I can't believe you are turning six today.  Six years ago today you came into this world weighing in at 5lbs and 14oz.  You are now 36lbs!!!

You will start Kindergarten one week from today.  I have a feeling there will be some tears on my part.  I am so used to having you here with me.  I will miss the "mommy build blocks with me" and "mommy what will we do together today?".  We've had a lot of good times you and I :)  Now it's "Mommy can I ride the bus" and "Mommy can I bring my lunch to school".  The days just won't be the same without you :(  So I am now down to one (Leo) during the day.  Leo won't be allowed to attend school - ha ha!!!

At six years old you can ride your bike faster than any kid in the neighborhood.  You can swim and jump off the diving board with ease.  You love football (you had your first flag football practice last night).  Everyone says that you are "small but mighty".  We are amazed at how coordinated you are at baseball, soccer, football and just about everything you try.

I love your smile.  It brings great joy to my heart.  You are easy going, sweet, full of laughter, and a joy to be around.  You are sensitive and can get your feelings hurt if someone leaves you out or doesn't treat you fairly.  You are also giving.  I remember taking you to some garage sales this year.  You spent all of your money buying things for your siblings.  Everyone thought you were so sweet.

When I asked you what you wanted to be when you grew up you said "A Zoo-Keeper".  I am not surprised b/c you LOVE animals!!!  Your favorite animal is a cheetah.  You love to watch the animal channel and you are friends with every dog and cat on the block - lol.

This year has brought four new brothers and another dad to your life.  You love all of them dearly and they love you right back :)  I know the five of you (brothers) will be best friends for life.  You stick together like glue!!  Leo looks up to you and wants to be just like you :)

I am sure it's obvious to see . . . .I am crazy about you!!!  I love you to the moon and back - and more than that!!!

Love you,  Mom 

1 comment:

  1. Love this, Loree! So sweet you do a letter to each child on their day. :) You're a wonderful Mommy!

    ReplyDelete