Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Part 3 "Love of a lifetime"


Sorry for the pause in our fairytale :)  We have been busy getting married and enjoying our honeymoon.  So to pick up where I left off . . . . . Brian and I became best friends.  We were cautious in our friendship b/c we wanted to make sure that our hearts were in line with God's will for our lives.  I spent a lot of time on my knees thanking God for this new friendship but more importantly asking God to show me where this friendship was headed.  I would have been blessed to be Brian's friend for life (but I am so glad the story didn't end that way - wink ;)  There is a day in time that will be etched in my heart and Brian's for a long time.  I remember that we decided to go to the Monon Trail in Broad Ripple to ride bikes one afternoon.  We rode bikes all afternoon.  We even rode way out of our way just to have ice-cream at Baskin Robbins.  He asked me what my favorite ice-cream was and I said "mint chocolate chip or Reese's cup"  Of course that was his favorite as well (it was meant to be - lol).  After having ice-cream we rode back to the car and even rode our bikes through a sprinkler.  I loved this b/c I was smiling the entire time and my heart was full of joy.  When we got back to the car, Brian got his guitar out and we went under a shelter house and sang worship songs together.  We talked about our love for God and His amazing love for His people.  I noticed some kids hanging out by a bridge nearby.  I asked Brian if he wanted to head down to the bridge and check it out.  We sat near the bridge and just observed.  Not long after sitting down the kids started to ask us who we were and why we were hanging with them :)  I wasn't sure to be honest.  Just a feeling in my spirit that these kids needed love.  As the walls came down we found out that these kiddos were homeless and many of them alone in this world.  We started building relationships with them and bringing them dinner each week.  As the weeks passed we fell in love with these kids.  We listened to their stories and felt a deep desire to be involved in their lives.  The kids have amazing hearts, incredible talent, and express love in a way that many Christians don't even know how to do.  Several of them have become good friends of ours and even attended our wedding.  Back to the story . . . . Our hearts seemed to be in line with each other and we started to feel like God was doing something new in our lives and that maybe He had a plan for us that we couldn't see at the time.  We started asking our most trusted friends what they thought about our friendship and also asked them to pray for us.  At the same time we also continued to pray for guidance from our creator.  The first couple that knew of our strong friendship was Marc and Debbie Woernle.  We asked them if we could have dinner with them and get their guidance on some things.  We explained our hearts to them and expressed our desire to do the right thing for our kids and for ourselves.  I remember that Debbie had tears in her eyes as we told her of our friendship and our desire to seek Gods will in all of this.  She also said that she wanted to scoop us up and bring us together -ha ha.  She and Marc added that they wouldn't scoop us together just yet but that they would commit to praying for our relationship and would keep us accountable to live for God along the way.  As we started to seek counsel from the rest of our friends and even our families we got an overwhelming response of love, tears, and joy from those that knew us best.  For many it was an answered prayer from the depths of their hearts.  Several people that knew us both (before we knew each other) had said that they felt in their hearts that at some point God would bring the two of us together.  This was a miracle in itself . . .the fact that several people knew that Brian and I had never met, didn't go to the same church, and had no way of meeting each other (save divine intervention) had thoughts and even revelations of us coming together at some point in life.  Wow!!!  I am again reminded of how much I love God and how magnificent He is!!!  I will end there for now.  The next post will be good - it is the beginning of our love story - and involves a kiss :) Woot Woot!!!!  Stay tuned - Love ya!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment