Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Part four of our love story - The kiss (Woot Woot)

As time passed I "just knew" that I was meant to be with this amazing man.  God confirmed this in every way possible.  Through friends, family, our pastor, and my spirit.  Brian and I were crazy about each other and completely in love with the God of all creation.  In turn we were completely in love with each other as well.  Brian prayed and asked God to bring the kids hearts together the same way He had brought ours together.  It wasn't long after that that his son, Gabe, came to him and shared his heart with him.  With tears in his eyes he told Brian that he wanted his daddy to find someone to love him and to take care of him.  He didn't want him to grow old alone :(  One by one his boys came to him and revealed hearts that were ready to move forward and to have a "family" once again.  I praise God every time I think about the way he worked through the hearts of our kids.  Hannah and Hudson loved being around the boys and especially loved seeing Brian "love" me.  Hannah started asking questions about marriage.  In fact she was pretty blunt :)  She asked Brian "Will you please marry my mommy :)  Please, Please, with a cherry on top - lol"  Our families were starting to mesh and we were starting to talk about marriage.  Brian thought it would be cool if we had our first kiss on our wedding day - Ha ha ha ha :)  Sorry just had to laugh at that one.  It was a good thought, but lets face it, we were madly in love so that would have been a miracle :)  We tried that idea out for a while but one night it just happened.  I think my heart was about to leap out of my chest.  It was the most beautiful kiss ever.  FIREWORKS!!!  I don't think I will ever tire of kissing this man :)  My heart just loves him so much.  I love him more and more every day.  Ok, back to the story . . . . My family took a vacation to Michigan and Brian came up and surprised me with flowers :)  We started talking about when we wanted to get married.  We already knew without a doubt that we wanted to share the rest of our lives together so now we just needed to decide how long we would wait to make it happen.  We went back and forth on how long we should wait (not for us but for everyone else - lol).  After prayer and much discussion with our friends and family we decided on Fall.  The kids were beyond excited to find out that we would be a family very soon.  Hannah and Hudson couldn't wait to gain four brothers and Brians boys were excited at the thought of having a sister (although they may have changed their minds at this point - ha ha) and one more brother.  Over the next few months we planned our wedding, spent loads of time together, started cleaning out Brian's house, and started to prepare for life with six kids in a three bedroom house :)  We had our entire wedding planned before we ever got engaged.  So the story of our engagement begins . . . . Next post "He asked me to marry him"  stay tuned :)


No comments:

Post a Comment